3 Burger Recipes to Try for Your Next Barbecue
Summer is the perfect time to grill out. However, you might get a bit bored of the same old burger recipes. If this is the case, it’s a great idea to switch things up a bit with new recipes that your guests are sure to love. Try out these three options and your burgers will be the talk of the town!
Cheesy Bacon Burger
The bacon burger, of course, is an all-time favorite. However, you can take this recipe to a whole new level when you consider the seasoning of the patty and the type of cheese you select. Try out this cheesy bacon burger recipe the next time you pull out the grill.
Here’s what you’ll need: (Makes 1 burger)
– 2 slices of bacon
– 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar
– 1 tablespoon of brown sugar
– 8 ounces of ground beef (80% lean 20% fat)
– 1 sweet onion (thinly sliced)
– 1 sliced tomato
– 1 brioche bun
– Unsalted butter
– 2 slices of Gruyère cheese
This burger should take about 20-30 minutes to prepare and cook. Find preparation instructions, here.
Bobby Flay’s Louisiana Burger
Why not try a burger recipe that was made just for burger lovers in this region? Check out Bobby Flay’s Louisiana Burger, packed with tasty spices and lots of delicious flavor.
Here’s what you’ll need: (Makes 4 burgers)
– 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
– 1 tablespoon of whole-grain mustard
– 1/2 cup of prepared mayonnaise
– 1 teaspoon of hot sauce, or more if desired
– 5 diced cornichons
– 1 green onion, finely chopped (white and pale green part)
– 1 tablespoon of finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
– Salt and freshly ground black pepper
– 1 tablespoon of sweet paprika
– 2 teaspoons of freshly ground black pepper
– 2 teaspoons of kosher salt
– 1/2 teaspoon of cayenne pepper
– 1 teaspoon of dried thyme
– 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder
– 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder
– 1 1/2 pounds of ground chuck
– 2 tablespoons of canola oil, plus more for brushing
– 8 paper thin slices pepper jack cheese
– 4 buns, split
– 8 slices of thinly sliced tasso ham
– 1 red onion, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
The total time for preparing, marinating, and cooking these burgers is about 1 hour and 40 minutes. Find preparation instructions, here.
If you’re expecting picky eaters at your barbecue, it might be a good idea to have a least one classic option for them. The All-American Cheeseburger is the perfect choice.
Here’s what you’ll need: (Makes 6 burgers)
– 2 lbs of freshly ground beef (at least 80% lean, a.k.a. 80/20)
– 1 tablespoon of onion powder
– 1 teaspoon of salt
– 1 teaspoon of freshly ground black pepper
– 12 slices of deli-counter American cheese
– 6 large burger buns (toast if desired)
– Thousand island dressing
– Sliced red onion
– Sliced pickles
– Fresh lettuce leaves
– Sliced tomatoes
Total prep and cooking time for the All-American burger should be around 25 minutes. Find preparation instructions, here.
Be sure to try out these burger recipes during your next outdoor barbecue. Before you start though, you’ll need to pick up the necessary ingredients from the nearest grocery store. Do you need a reliable car to get you there? Hop into a vehicle from Ray Brandt Mazda, and quality transportation will be the least of your worries. We can’t wait to see you!